Staerk Silicone Sealant Exterior
This belongs to the RTV-1 group of silicones, it has neutral curing and non corrosive properties to most building materials. Has excellent resistance to weather, quick speed of curing, excellent movement capability and little change of performance between (-40 C to 150 C). This product can withstand extreme environments like rain, snow and high exposure to the sun. It’s the perfect tool for outside use..
Waterproof – Exterior – Elasticity – 20 Years Guarantee
- For sealing and bonding of joins between flashings and roof panels or lap joins between roof panels itself
Gutters & Downpipes
- Creating lasting seal on all outside gutters and down pipes connections
- Waterproof seal for glass to different substrates
- Sealing between skylights frames and roof panels or flashings
Brick & Concrete Blocks
- Joins on Bricks or Blocks to exterior cladding or windows
- Repair of cracks in high movement areas for bricks or concrete
PVC & Metal Flues
- Joints between connection and actual flues to outside exterior substrates
Exterior oxime silicone sealant bonds perfectly with all materials used in the exterior of buildings:
- METAL, ALUMINIUM, STAINLESS STEEL
- PVC, MOST PLASTICS
- BRICK, FIBRE CEMENT, MORTAR
- STONE, MARBLE , GRANITE
- PORCELAIN, CERAMIC, GLASS
Sealant designed to meet the most extreme NZ environments. With its many properties, its perfect for outside use in the construction industry.
Strong bonding characteristics & adhesion to different materials creates a waterproof seal that will resist any movement and prevent leaks.
Made from specialized materials for outside with the highest UV resistance. Sealant exceeds these requirements & performs excellently.
Against cracking, peeling or crumbling under proper usage. We give one of the longest and comprehensive guarantees in the industry.
The base material need to be free of dust and grease or loose material. If needed clean up with a turpentine wet rag or cloth and let it dry. Complete adhesion test before use and make sure good compatibility and viscosity of the sealant with base materials.
Cut off the top of the cartridge, position the threaded adaptor to the cartridge. Cut the threaded adaptor on an angle corresponding to the joint width. For a perfect joint finish use our STAERKS GENERAL PURPOSE MASKING TAPE by applying tape the full length of the joint on both sides leaving the desired gap you require. Place the cartridge into gun and inject the joint with the sealant. Apply sufficient pressure to the sealant to ensure good penetration and adhesion to the joint sides. The applied sealant should be smoothed immediately with a wet spatula or jointer to clean off excess sealant. Remove the masking tape gently and if needed clean up the excess sealant one more time Staerk Exterior Sealant is not suitable to be used as a structural glazing sealant or materials such as : copper, lead, zinc.
Clean while uncured with a turpentine cloth. After hardening remove the silicone sealant mechanically or with a the silicone remover.
- Non Toxicity when cured
- If medical advise is needed have product container and label at hand
- Read label before use
- Gloves and goggles must be worn during application
- If skin contact occurs remove the sealant with cloth and wash skin thoroughly with water and detergent for a minimum of 15mins
- Avoid eye contact before curing. If this occurs rinse opened eye for several minutes under running water, then consult a doctor.
- Ensure proper ventilation at workplace or curing area.
- Keep away from children.
- Protect from freezing, store in a cool dry place at room temperature.
- Product must be used within 24 months of purchase.