Staerk Silicone Sealant General Purpose
Waterproof – Superior Elasticity – Indoor/Outdoor – 20 Years Guarantee
Doors & Windows
- Sealing exterior doors & door frames
- Waterproofing windows frames to exterior cladding
- Sealing glass to windows & doors
Kitchens & Bathrooms
- Sealing Kitchens sinks & bathroom basins
- Joint between splashbacks and benchtops
- Waterproof seal for bathroom walls and floor corners
- Waterproofing and fixing bathroom cabinetry
- Fittings and elements
- Waterproofing plumbing fittings for bathroom & kitchen
- Sealing traps, wastes, PVC pipes
Roof & Gutters
- Waterproofing joints on down pipes, gutters
- Sealing flashing to roof panels
- Creating waterproof and elastic seal between different
- Type of flooring and wall joints
This general purpose sealant will adhere and create a waterproof seal with almost any surface or substrates of your building – Interior or exterior :
- GLASS, ALUMINIUM, ALL ALLOYS
- METAL, MIRRORS, GLASS FIBRE
- STONE, MARBLE, POTTERY
- TIMBER, RIDIG PVC, MOST PLASTICS
- CONCRETE, BRICKS, CERAMICS
It is UV resistant, so it can be exposed to direct sunlight without compromising the performance of the sealant
This sealant locks out water and adheres to most surfaces to create a waterproof seal giving you peace of mind.
It has up to +/- 30% movement capacity and 450% elongation which will absorb most movement without breaking down or cracking
Against cracking, pealing or crumbling under proper usage. We give the one of the longest and comprehensive guarantees in the industry.
The base material need to be free of dust and grease or loose material. If needed clean up with a turpentine wet rag or cloth and let it dry. Complete adhesion test before use and make sure good compatibility and viscosity of the sealant with base materials.
Cut off the top of the cartridge, position the threaded adaptor to the cartridge. Cut the threaded adaptor on an angle corresponding to the joint width. For a perfect joint finish use our STAERKS GENERAL PURPOSE MASKING TAPE by applying tape the full length of the joint on both sides leaving the desired gap you require. Place the cartridge into gun and inject the joint with the sealant. Apply sufficient pressure to the sealant to ensure good penetration and adhesion to the joint sides. The applied sealant should be smoothed immediately with a wet spatula or jointer to clean off excess sealant. Remove the masking tape gently and if needed clean up the excess sealant one more time Staerk General Purpose Neutral Silicone Sealant is not suitable to be used as a structural glazing sealant or materials such as : copper, lead, zinc.
Clean while uncured with a turpentine cloth. After hardening remove the silicone sealant mechanically or with a the silicone remover.
- Non Toxicity when cured
- If medical advise is needed have product container and label at hand
- Read label before use
- Gloves and goggles must be worn during application
- If skin contact occurs remove the sealant with cloth and wash skin thoroughly with water and detergent for a minimum of 15mins
- Avoid eye contact before curing. If this occurs rinse opened eye for several minutes under running water, then consult a doctor.
- Ensure proper ventilation at workplace or curing area.
- Keep away from children.
- Protect from freezing, store in a cool dry place at room temperature.
- Product must be used within 24 months of purchase.